Popular Posts

Saturday, January 5, 2013

# 038 Amrutanjan for head injury, some Quality this!!


What a day !

Never in my 800 and odd ISO audits has an incident like this happened.

Date: 26.12.2012        Place: Conference hall.                Time: Just after lunch

MD, Director, the Consultant and myself had just finished the lunch when there came a loud noise like that of a big bang. The next moment, for me, the whole world disappeared. When I came around, I found that I have fallen to the floor and the chair on which I was sitting was beside me in two halves – the source of the big bang. I tried to get up but I could not plant my hands on the ground. After a few more seconds I realized they have gone numb. People around me helped me get up and it took several more seconds for the blood circulation to be restored to my hands, after which I realized my head has hit the window sill or the projecting room air conditioner, not sure which one, enroute my descent from the chair. Fortunately no injuries except some swelling in the back of the head.

The client did not even bother to feel bad or say sorry, even for courtesies sake, though they ran around here and there looking for first aid. There was no first aid to be cited anywhere in the premises. Someone offered to go and buy Amrutanjan, no get Iodex, shouted another. Meanwhile the MD started analysing the reason for the mishap and triumphantly declared that it is because of poor quality material of the chair. Further he went on to say that it is an unbranded chair (he is the person who has authorized its purchase, due to low price, no doubt) and the supplier must have used recycled plastic and not virgin material. And this company is into manufacture of Dental Chairs!!

The Director said all the chairs are more than 10/15 years old and deserves to be replaced.

The Consultant commented that it is good there is swelling which remark I could not understand and let it pass.

I just massaged the area and told them to calm down, forget the incident and that I am glad I came out of all this unscathed mentally resolving not to come back to this organization and to check whether the chair is a branded one before using next time onward !!

Wonder whether the organisation really deserves to be certified to ISO 9001 - not only because of the poor quality of the chairs in the Conference Room but more importantly because of the attitudes as revealed form the comments/remarks from the top management.


No comments:

Post a Comment